September 29, 1921
Duard Sims Woffinden
Personal Testimony:
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the ultimate in guidance for the best possible life both here and hereafter.
It will bring joy and satisfaction to all who enthusiastically embrace it. During my lifetime, I have attended Mormon church meetings from New York to Tokyo and in every meeting I have found friendship and happiness. Attending these meetings brings me further confirmation of the intrinsic value of the gospel when I observe the good people who have espoused the cause and bear enthusiastic testimonies of it's truth.
An interesting and enjoyable fringe benefit is the fact that I hardly ever attend a Mormon church meeting, anywhere, without meeting either someone I knew somewhere else, or else someone who knows someone I know. It's a small but highly enjoyable world and the thing that makes it so is the true gospel.
I am happy to testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ, as taught and lived by Mormons, is the true gospel, like that Christ himself established during his mortal life. I recommend it to everyone!
Our Dad
I have been thinking a lot about our Dad as his birthday approached. I wonder if I have taught my children enough about him. They never had a chance to know him. I asked my son what he knew of his grandfather. His response, "he seems like a really good guy, intelligent and hard worker". I decided I have at least made a good start.
Things I remember most from Dad:
1. "Use patience and perseverance"
2. He would sing "Love at Home" whenever there was fighting
3. "No use crying over spilled milk" (this said after the cat had eaten
the hamster because I left the cage open)
4. I loved how his voice would change when he prayed
5. The talk he gave on King Lamoni
6. Circuits and notes written on the edges of newspapers and the
backs of used envelopes
7. Poems written for all occasions
8. Mountain trips for wood
9. Discovering that a hairdryer worked easier to stoke the fire
that blowing on it
10 Eating creamed anything, only person I know who
REALLY liked fruitcake
He was a most practical man, friendly to everyone. As he said in his testimony, he never
went anywhere without making a friend. We would do well to live like he did.

No comments:
Post a Comment